Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rating Manitoba Politicians

I thought I would start us off by rating various Manitoba politicians of all levels of government. Here's the good, the bad and the ugly...according to me.

1. Greg Selinger A
He's honest, intelligent and the second hardest working guy at the legislature (after Gary Doer). He's good with policy and quick on his feet in scrums and in question period. There's good reason his boss gives him all the tough files ie Crocus and is respected by media and his colleagues. I'd like to see him run for Premier but I just don't think it's in the cards. Mayor Selinger....that's a possibility.

2. Sam Katz D -
Can anyone think of anything he has done. Anyone??? I didn't think so. He comes off defensive in the media and has been invisible most of his tenure. So much promise but so little results.

3. Hugh McFadyen C -
He's young and telegenic but continues to make rookie mistakes. He's not the most shall we say "trustworthy" of guys or so the rumours go and if I was advising him, I wouldn't go with those commercials portraying him as a family man in the next election (like he did in the previous one). Might come back to bite him.

4. Steve Ashton C -
We all know he wants to be Premier but it's never going to happen. The only reason he's in Cabinet is that Doer keeps his enemies close. And where is he in the summer? Greece is a beautiful place but so is Thompson. I've never seen I guy be able to keep going in the house with so much vigour. He's got that going for him.

5. Justin Swandel C
Cheers!! Other than that, I don't know too much about him.

I should really rate an MP but I'm running out of steam already and it's my first blog. Until I blog again....maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment