Government of Canada guidelines on who should be first in line for H1N1 pandemic flu vaccines.
The groups include:
• People with chronic medical conditions under the age of 65.
• Pregnant women.
• Children six months of age to under five years of age.
• People living in remote and isolated settings or communities.
• Health-care workers involved in pandemic response or who deliver essential health services.
• Household contacts and caregivers of individuals who are at high risk, and who cannot be immunized (such as infants under six months of age or people with weakened immune systems).
So why is MP Maloway already getting in line for a vaccine. From what I can tell, he doesn’t exactly fit the bill for the priority list, unless of course you consider Transcona to be an isolated community.